Thursday, September 3, 2009

Melody I

During my summer vacation I not only began the first few felted vessels (see below) I also turned the boathouse into a printing studio. Specifically I tried out some gelatin printing. This process is a mono print process where you pull unique, never duplicated individual prints from a plate made from gelatin. The gelatin does eventually degrade and break up but a creative artist can still pull prints and make use of the gel crevices as a design element.

The print below was pulled using natural plant elements, discarded veggie bags and then sealed with a spray varnish. Once sealed the surface was embelished with mixed media additions.

3 comments:

Sorry but due to spam I will no longer be taking comments. You may comment to me directly via my website at: www.catherinegutsche.com