Saturday, June 13, 2009

Fine Art papers

Today I visited a Book Arts show. I was encouraged to come to the show by a friend who is a paper maker, book binder and paper jewelery artist. I was excited to see some of the finest book artists in the area and to get myself a new "goodie bag" of lovely fine papers, many of them hand made. I use these papers in some of my collage works. They add wonderful colour, texture and pattern to my paintings. I also include some found papers, such as the gold coloured tea bag wrapping in this painting below.

Another Quilted Oak in this series is available in my Etsy shop BUT if you like this one better, just let me know & I can post a reserved listing for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry but due to spam I will no longer be taking comments. You may comment to me directly via my website at: www.catherinegutsche.com